Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Easter Truth

You saw my pretty Easter pictures right? Looks like we had a great day by all accounts, and it WAS good in the long run. It just didn't start that way. First, on a day when people who don't normally go to church, go to church....Lydia and I (who usually go to church) did NOT go to church. You got that? We did watch it online though. In an effort to do something special I suggested a picnic, but we jumped the gun and were at the park with footlongs by 10:30. I was so anxious to get out of my filthy house that we fled without looking at the time. We sat in the wet grass by the river and swatted nats and smooshed ants and force fed ourselves meat sandwiches. I complained that Lydia got too dressed up. She complained that I complained. Finally I gave up, so the first part of the day was the lost portion of our Easter.

warm mayo and onions. mmm mmm mmm!!!

I should've heeded this warning...just didn't realize it was metaphorical.

So I headed aimlessly downtown, where Lydia spotted that the fountains were running, thus beginning the redemption of our day.

1 comment: