Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Wat Up?


QUICK UPDATE
  • Been taking my regular college classes and a 6 week CNA training course. My unemployment ends in about 5 or 6 weeks so it's back to work for me soon hopefully.
  • Got sick with an ulcer and thyroid problems and lost 15-ish pounds in a couple months.
  • Been through 2 rounds of severe weather here in TN and it's only the beginning of March. Nobody died in our area this time around but several people were injured and many homes were lost or damaged in the Chattanooga area.
  • Lydia scored in the top 2% of students on her Explore test which I guess is like an SAT indicator. I'm proud of her.
  • My parents are coming to visit soon.
  • Have had to deal lately with a lot of worries that have been accumulating over the past few months which resulted in the previously mentioned ulcer I'm sure, although supposedly ulcers aren't caused by stress. I'm not so sure. Anyway it nearly cost me an important relationship and was making me miserable and depressed. Identifying something is half the battle and I'm pretty sure another quarter of the battle is making a choice to change your way of thinking. I know that isn't always possible in the case of, say, clinical depression, but all we can do is make the best choices we can however small. I know many of you are struggling with depression and I pray God's grace for you.
  •  
     
     
     
     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment