Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Orlando

There's something about Orlando that captured my heart and won't let go. It's not the Magic Kingdom or other tourist attractions that locked me in, but the energy, the sunshine, the wealth of people with beautiful hearts, the f-o-o-d, and most of all my friend Connie. I think Orlando is so special to me because I "grew up" there. When I packed my house and moved from Bradenton I was a mess. I wasn't happy. I was struggling to go to church, hating ever second of it. I was enmeshed in family dynamics that weren't healthy and was living in an area of the state that constantly reminded me of mistakes I had made that I never felt I could shake. After a few years of living in this new town, I had a job and co-workers I adored, a friend who felt like family who taught me so many things by example, and my pockets jammed full of tiny scraps of happy memories.

If, perhaps, you arrived at this post while googling Orlando Bloom, I am throwing you a bone, as I strive not to disappoint.


Back to the poinit though, I am sooo ready for a road trip. This time last year we were already on our way down there and if it weren't for my night classes we'd be on our way again.

No comments:

Post a Comment