Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Lydia was born at Doctor's Hospital in Sarasota, Florida. She is a Florida girl to the core. The first time I took her to Illinois the temps were in the teens. I remember walking into a restaurant and looking over to see that she wasn't even wearing a coat. It was like she didn't even know how to use one. Almost every morning I have to remind her to put a coat on before we leave for school, and even then she takes it off before we get there. Don't even get me started on shoes. She's never been one for them either. Who wears shoes when you live two miles from the beach? Consequently we stopped at Sonic over New Year's and as we sat shivering on the patio, a gentleman asked Lydia why she wasn't wearing any shoes. She laughed it off and asked who needs shoes? I wouldn't be at all surprised if Lydia ends up back in the Sunshine State when she's off on her own, despite the crime and angry old retirees.

No comments:

Post a Comment