Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

I have been so busy with school and haven't had time to do anything fun or creative. I wanted to check in with everyone though.
Lydia is so pretty. I love her glitter eyeliner and pink scarf. She has become quite a makeup and fashion queen. When I was her age I wasn't allowed to read teen magazines and didn't really have a place to get beauty tips. I'm not sure but I think I could've used a little help haha. I let Lydia read Seventeen and Teen Vogue but I go through them first and rip anything out that's not age appropriate. Honestly though, I don't usually find them that offensive. In this month's issue of Seventeen there's an article about what love should look like. It tells stories of several girls who were in controlling or abusive relationships. It's stuff girls need to hear.

Back to makeup though - someday soon I'm going to ask Lydia to do a post about finding good yet inexpensive makeup as well as clothes. She's really good at that and does her research.

I do want to share a random verse that was included in a comment by Mrs B.
 Colossians 1:16-17
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
I can always use a little help remembering that I don't need to strive to hold everything together because God created it, planned it, and is gonna work it all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment