Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

It was go time on May 16. I felt super confident in my baking abilities because the last cake I made came out perfectly. It was moist and had a great texture for decorating. You know the old saying about how the enemy of "good" is "better"? Well I thought I would make an effort to make the cake even moister and followed random online advice to add 1/4 cup of oil. I saw this advice several places and thought it was safe, but the cake fell apart. I looked at it and it fell apart, let alone attempting to get it out of a pan or frosted. I decided to make cupcakes with the rest of the batter. As you can see from the picture this was also a failure. I eventually used all the ruined cake and made cake balls. I didn't bother to subject my wedding/reception guests to them though. The great part about a laid back wedding is that nobody cared that we didn't have cake, least of all me.

1 comment: