Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Hello good people of North America, and apparently somewhere in Moscow! I thought I would post a few random updates about what is happening in our lives lately. Here goes:

1.) I got hit in the head with a gravy boat. It hurt. It fell from the top shelf and hit my forehead. You really do see stars...that's not a metaphor.

2.) I'm getting married Friday. It's taking FOREVER to get here.

3.) I made my first cake from scratch last weekend. It was a trial run for Friday since I'm baking a wedding cake for the day's festivities. As usual I was a little hasty which resulted in it being a little lopsided and lumpy where I frosted it before it was cooled completely. I've got to say though that it was delicious. I followed a recipe found on the Bakerella blog.

4.) For Mother's Day, Patrick and Lydia picked me some wildflowers. I can't believe how good they look. Why pay for flowers in the spring time...ever?
 
5.) We briefly decided to move to Illinois and then changed our minds at that last minute. In the end I was relieved to not have to leave the TN valley that I love so much and so was Patrick. Lydia was a harder sell on staying, but she just made the dance team at her school and is looking forward to the coming year. Chattanooga never, ever fails to impress me. It has it's "shady under-belly" (Gilmore Girls reference) but there are SO many wonderful things about the town. I will post our pictures from Mother's Day at Coolidge Park shortly.

Hope you are having a fantastic week!


No comments:

Post a Comment