Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

I went for a drive in the country yesterday. I wasn't sure where I was going, but couldn't stop myself from driving further and further. I ended up in some deeeep country.....the kind that almost makes you nervous around these parts. There are still people who will stand on their porches with shotguns to chase you away.

Despite the fact I knew I was getting lost, I wasn't too worried. Being lost is not a bad thing. I think you would agree right? The moment the road dumps you out into a familiar intersection and you realize "aha! I'm not lost anymore!" is kind of a great feeling. Life is similar to the road in that respect. Change occurs. We wander, cluelessly biting our nails until suddenly we're back on familiar ground again.

Lydia and Patrick and I collaborated on this Boston Market Macaroni and Cheese recipe. It didn't taste exactly like Boston Market but it was some kind of wonderful cheesy goodness.
(thrifted bowl)

and since it was such a peaceful day here in the Tennessee Valley, it's fitting to share a little Doc Watson with you I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment