Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

A Daughter's Perspective: One Supporter is More Than Fine

This is the first post on this little blog by my daughter Lydia. Hope you enjoy!

Hello all my fellow inhabitants of the world! So, it is 10:43 at night and way past my bedtime! I know my writing may be a bit jumbled, but I promise, it will get better. I just felt the need to write this, because I just finished watching the ABC Family movie, "Cyberbully." In this movie, the main character has a single mother, and I thought "Hey! This is a good blog topic!"
    
ANYWAY, this movie was really moving for me personally. Basically, this girl begins being cyber-bullied, and ends up trying to kill herself. Grim, right? But it really caught my attention... Her mom was the one who really helped get her back on her feet. Middle/high school is a really scary time in a girl's life. 99.9999% of you will be/have been bullied at some point in your life. Just last month, I was a victim of cyberbullying, and I didn't know what to do. But, as always, my MOM was the one that really pulled me through. This is the thing I really love about having a single parent... It's like you have a friend. I know, in the middle of my bad day, that when I go home, I am going to have a friend who will always love me, never turn on me, and always support me.

My mom is my best friend. When you think about it, your mom is probably yours, too. This is the UrbanDictionary definition of "best friend":Someone you can totally be yourself around and not give a care in the world about your actions or feelings because they won't judge you for the stupid things you may do or say. Yup, that pretty much sums up my relationship with my mom. As single-parent-kids, we know that our relationship with our parents is not as uptight as people with two parents. That's great for us! If you are newly a SPK (single parent kid), try looking at your mom/dad in that way: as a best friend that you know will ALWAYS have your back.

WARNING: Do not forget to ALWAYS respect your parents & treat them as parents. I know it may seeeem hard to think of a parent as a parent &friend, but trust me, you'll get the hang of it.
Until we speak again,
Goodnight darlin's!
<3, Lydia Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment