Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

About Us

My name is Jennifer and this blog is a collaboration between myself and my daughter Lydia. We have learned a lot over the years about how to live well in a single parent household. We've been blessed with wise people in our lives who have helped us heal and grow, and we want to share what we've learned with other single parents.

Currently I am a full time student heading towards a nursing degree. I lost my job almost a year ago, and in that year God has provided for our every need as He always has. It turns out that losing my job was one of the best things that ever happened to Lydia and I.

.
I don't believe that being a single mom dooms you to a life of misery. Is there stress? Yes. Do you worry at times? Yes. Do you feel inadequate? Sometimes, but there is a lot you can do to compensate for not having another parent in the house or not being in an economic bracket you're happy with. That's what this blog is about!

1 comment:

  1. My mom was also a single parent, for about 11 years, with two daughters. As I look back I remember that my younger sister and I were incorrigible, and just down right bratty. I remember her strength and that allows me to generate strength within myself when I need it. I commend you for being one of those strong, remarkable mothers who can do it on their own. I believe that if you have one amazing parent (namely you), then everything will turn out just dandy! :D

    ReplyDelete