Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Unpopular Opinion

I know what I'm about to say isn't going to sit well with some people. I'm going to put it out there though because I know there are people reading my blog who need to hear it. If you're a single mom, I want you to know that you did not make a mistake when you became pregnant. There are a lot of people who would never tell you that because they don't want you to think your pre-marital sex was ok or that your so called irresponsibility was ok. In viewing the topic without those judgements though, you can see that there's a Creator who made the world, who makes each sunrise and sunset, who causes flowers to bloom and babies to be born. Your child was an act of his creation although I'm sure you weren't thinking about that when you were having sex. There's only one way your child could be born though and that was with you as a mom, your partner as a dad, and the exact timing of sex happening when it did. Don't get me wrong, I don't advocate that everyone run out and have babies, single or not, but once the baby is here, can you really say that it was a mistake?

I used to go to church and be grateful for the love and acceptance I was given, despite my 7 months pregnant belly. Looking back though I wonder why I thought I needed grace from them. Was there realling anything I needed THEIR forgivness for? Did I need them to redeem the situation?  There's such a stigma associated with single moms and I hate it. It keeps moms feeling inferior and without confidence it's easy to fall into the same rut that others have.

If you're reading this blog and are pregnant, or are already a single mom, you have the ability to be a fabulous mom. You've already shown you care by even reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment