Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Hallowscream

Dude. Is there anything funnier than scaring the crap out of kids, especially your own kids? I mean it's a little borderline to scare the crap out of other people's kids, so if these girls are never allowed back we'll know why. It's October though which means it's time for the First Annual Fright Night at our house. Don't be fooled into thinking I planned this in advance. It just sorta happened and I decided it'd make a rad tradition.

We invited friends over and picked out a few scary/suspensful movies to watch in the dark, with just the light of candles flickering to reveal the fear on our friends' faces. I added an extra element of terror by painting my face with black teardrops, my lips with black lipstick, and my eyes stark white. We had an insane amount of snacks (yes that's cookied dough back there). Popcorn not pictured.

I was embarrased to find out that after I left for work the next morning, the girls ate this exact same thing for breakfast. In the end it's ok though because I think Lydia will always remember this night. I think her friends will too.

Traditions are cool. It's easy as a single parent to get busy, busy, busy and let this slide, so I find it's sometimes easier to dress up something we're already doing than to plan a big shindig in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment